Jun 25, 2013

Keep, Toss, Shred...

Now that school is out I feel the need to purge.

I can't believe the mounds of paper. Paper is EVERYWHERE. It's multiplying like bunnies!!

We were given a "new to us" desk...it was originally intended to go into our son's room but it didn't work out in there so I'm putting it to good use.

And now I'm organized!! I was before (in my own sick way) but now I LOOK organized!!

Everything has a place and a home and I just feel ahhh...peaceful. Relaxed. Organized. Inspired.

Here is the favorite part of my desk...



The top shelf...my HOPE...my Blue...my inspiration!!

You may be thinking...is Jen really blogging about her new desk?!?! Well...yes and no. I have a point here.

As I was going through all the papers. I was sorting what I needed, needed to pitch and needed to shred. I came across the girls Endo appointment papers. The ones that have their A1C results, next appointment scheduled, changes to insulin, etc. I've kept everyone for the past couple of years for Nora.

Why was I holding on to these?!?! I keep the most recent one handy in case of pump malfunction so I have the settings written down. But I guess I hadn't thrown the other handouts out before replacing it with the current one. I put in the toss pile. But then got a little worried...am I going to need these? Should I keep them? Frame the good ones?

Yep...I just went there.

It's paper for crying out loud!! I tossed it...well, I shredded it since it had our info on it. Will I want to look back at an appointment from January of 2008? Nope. It was a day out of the year. A blimp in Nora's diabetes care. Does it hold memories? No. It's a document stating that we went to the Endo that day. It doesn't tell me what I ate for dinner that night. It doesn't tell me how Nora's blood sugar ran that day. It's a piece of paper that reminds me of what I know already.

She has diabetes. She lives with diabetes. And we will be back in three months at a certain time to live it all over again.

And I'm off...to go fill up the desk drawers with some organized papers and check some blood sugars...