Jul 17, 2013

She NAILED it!

A few weeks ago Nora and I applied to be Team A1C Champions for Sanofi. It's a program that provides speakers to organizations or programs that deal with diabetes. Both Nora and I filled out a separate, 3 page resume of sorts. Asking us why we wanted to do this, our background, speaking experience, etc. We filled it out and I emailed it in. The next day we were contacted for our first of three interviews. 

I was a little nervous...not for me, as I can speak diabetes in my sleep. I was nervous for Nora. Beyond telling her what I thought they would ask her she was left on her own. And man, did she NAIL it. I know, I know, yes, she has been dealing with D for 8 years now but just to hear how optimistic and full of hope she was when she answered her questions truly floored me. I know she is an awesome young lady who has had to grow up before her years but I couldn't have scripted better answers for her. There were even a couple of questions that flustered me but she was able to answer with no pause at all. Truly a proud Momma moment. 

Two days later we had our second interview. This was a little more clinical and harder, I thought anyway. But again, she NAILED it. 

This week we had our third and final interview via Skype. That was fun! More of the same questions and Nora answered like a pro...well, technically, she is. The bummer to this whole process is we have to wait a year. Why? Because the training they fly us out to attend is the EXACT same week of Diabetes camp!! Oh, the irony!! So, we will wait until next summer for our opportunity to share our A1C story with others. Of course, all of you get to hear all about our stories through our blog posts! 

I'm excited to be involved in something that I live daily but also am passionate about. I'm excited that Nora wants to share her story and make sure other T1D kids don't feel alone. I'm just excited to be able to give hope to all who live with or take care of loved ones with diabetes. And I'm proud that what I'm trying to instill in my kids is sinking in...and I know this by how they treat others, as well as, speak on their behalf. Proud Momma here, proud Momma!