Jan 16, 2013

Getting to know me...getting to know all about me!

Today I will tell you 48 things about me, Jen, CCO for Blue Heel Society. Cherise Shockley at #DSMA chat posted the idea and it was neat to read the answers that people have been posting.

So kick back and get to know me!!



1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
last week when my hubby called me to tell me he helped a diabetic man at a grocery store who had a severe low and passed out and was able to catch him before he hit his head on the floor and then ran to get OJ and forced him to drink it...(you all know I'm not a crier!)

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes but only when I take the time with writing. I've been known to re-write my notes so it looks prettier!

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Turkey

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes, two diabetic girls (age 18 and 12) and a son (age 5)

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes but I come with a disclaimer "I cannot talk/text/email you everyday but just because I don't, doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you". I don't do high-maintenance.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
YES! Everyday...got it from my Daddy and unfortunately ALL my kids have it too!

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I would like to think I would but I probably wouldn't when it came down to the actual jump. 

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
When I eat cereal (which isn't often) I like Honey Bunches of Oats.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
When they are new yes but after they are worn in I don't.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yes, carrying my 48lb son around builds up some muscle! 

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
ALL of it!! I LOVE ice cream!! But I won't eat plain vanilla, chocolate or strawberry unless it's in a banana split! 

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Shoes or feet if they are standing (I'm a nail tech by trade).

15. RED OR PINK?
Neither...but I did/do have a Red shoe obsession (before I had my blue shoe obsession!)

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My baby belly...but, hey, it's housed three beautiful babies.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My Grandma's. 

18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Keeping my kitchen island organized and cleaned off!! Crap multiplies on there like rabbits! 

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black Uggs

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Key Lime Greek Yogurt...yummy!

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Nothing...ah, peace!

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Royal blue!

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
My hubby after he comes inside from grilling.

24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
eh...not so much.

25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Both please!

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
College basketball or any sport my kids are playing!
27. HAIR COLOR?
Today it's red but I'm naturally platinum blonde...don't believe me? Look at my kids! 

28. EYE COLOR?
Blue
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Haven't worn them in years...way too easy to put my glasses on!

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Steak

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Scary movies

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Brave

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Burgundy (work shirt)

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer!! Bring it! 

35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Ice cream, pie, cake, cookies

36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Both

37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Either when I can get it to myself!

38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Amy Ermel's book: Mom of An Extra Sweet Insulin-Challenged Girl

39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Don't use one!

40. FAVORITE SOUND?
Laughter coming from my kids and hubby

41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
ANYTHING but country...can't do it! 

42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Las Vegas 2005 (last trip my hubby and I went on by ourselves before D entered our lives)

43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
No :(

44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Lexington, KY (Go Wildcats!)

45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Batavia, OH (suburb of Cincy)

46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Green, purple and red (painted lady house!)

47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Which one? I've got a used car lot outside my house!! 

48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
Sure! I'd answer more!!