Feb 27, 2013

Candy Crush Saga..

I've been suckered (pun intended!) into the game Candy Crush and it hit me today how much this game is kind of like the game of diabetes (and no...NOT because it's candy). A game of swagging, bolusing, counting, weighing, calculating, factoring in stress/puberty/exercise/illness. It doesn't matter if you do everything the EXACT same everyday...you can still have wonky numbers. However, many of us, myself included, have this tenacity to get numbers in range. We see it almost as a challenge. Oh...you want Frosted Mini Wheats? Okay, a little pre-bolus, temporary basal and you enjoy them mini wheats...two hours later your dealing with a high/low...no problem...we will try again next time.



So how does some game and diabetes relate? Well, I am stuck on level 33. I've been stuck on this level for DAYZZZZZZ! Ask my husband...I'm driving him nuts with it. As I was eating my lunch I thought I'd give it a whirl...maybe this is my time to pass this level. Yea, that would be a big fat NOPE. It was then I thought about giving up. Seriously, I've been trying to clear this stupid level for days and I'm done.

That's when it hit.

I'm no quitter!! Not in anything! I will keep pushing forward...I WILL clear that ever lovin' level 33 if it's the last thing I do. I'm like that with life too. A series of highs/lows? I'm on it. Oh, three kids with chronic illnesses...BRING IT! Yes, I get tired and frustrated but I can't quit on any of them. I may whine and complain but I have all of you to sympathize/empathize with me. Your living it too. I find the DOC is the most wonderful place to bounce ideas, ask questions and rally the troops. Yes, I loosely compared a game to diabetes but the trying and trying until you get it right, or in this case pass the level, are the same. Now...on to play my little game. (Oh and if you want to send me some lives I'll take 'em!)