Dec 15, 2011

Equal Opportunity (Blue!) Shoes......

One my favorite things about The Blue Heel Society, is that much like Diabetes, we do not discriminate.

Diabetes knows no gender, no race, no social status, no age or religion.

Everyone is fair game for this disease.

Whether it be a 24 month old bubbly little boy, a moody teenager, or an overbearing 87 year old Granny.

Diabetes can, does and will affect all people from all walks of life.

Diabetes also comes in numerous forms.

Type 1, Type 2, LADA (1.5), Mody, Gestational and I'm sure right now a researcher has discovered another one.

While all the above are different in cause and even management, the culprit IS the same.

So should be our united front.

Regardless of what Type of diabetes you or your loved one has, we are in this together.

To spread awareness, to advocate for one another, and yes to find a cure!

Before we can bust myths and set the record straight with the media and "outside" world, we first need to do that within our community.

No judgement, no blame game, no types against types.

Just understanding, love, compassion, and UNITY.

For me personally, I rock a Blue shoe for everyone with Diabetes, and my life IS affected by more than just one type.

As many of you know my son is type 1, my grandmother is LADA , and my husband and father are type 2.
I am an equal opportunity shoe wearer and buyer!

So the next time you slip on your Blue shoes, or go look for a new pair, remember with each Blue step we take, we are making moves not just for that one person with Diabetes, but for ALL....

Rock on loves, rock on!