Jun 13, 2012

Happy LIVE-A-versary!

Today is my Sweet Nora's 7 year anniversary with T1D! 

Oh, and yes, you read that title correctly ... LIVE-A-verary!!

We never really have celebrated her diagnosis date but in light of Evelyn's new diagnosis I thought we should celebrate. I'm not even for sure where I saw someone mention Live-a-versary, although I'm 99.9% sure it was from Facebook. I believe it was a Facebook friends child's diaversary and as people were commenting on the post someone mentioned they call it LIVE-a-versary because it is just that...LIVING!! So by the grace of God, a million vials of insulin and some wonderful Nurses and Endo's along the way, we have managed to keep Miss. Nora alive for 7 years with T1D!! No easy feat as many of you all know too well!

As I was telling Nora it is her live-a-versary today she replied with a "uh, not really a reason to celebrate, Mom-UH!" To which I say, "oh, yes it is!! We've kept you alive for 7 years! Years ago Type 1 would've been a death sentence...people didn't live past a couple months of diagnosis. Thanks to Sir Banting and his wonderful insulin invention you can live a loooong life!" I even told her we could buy her a cookie cake to celebrate! Of course, then, she was all for celebrating!

And yes, I find it horribly ironic that both my girls were diagnosed within days of each other but 7 years apart. I've always been kind of fond of June...school's out, summer's starting, Evy's birth month and now...I kind of hate June. But I'll save that for a blog post some other day!!

Today we eat cookie cake with LOTS of icing!! 

Happy 7 year LIVE-A-versary Nora!! 
We love you!! 

6-13-2005 Nora age 4  1/2