Jul 12, 2012

Diabetes...funny or offensive?

I would like to state I don't get offended easily. I just don't.

However...

There is a video circulating on facebook that came from the Conan O'Brien show. It's a skit that are spoofs off video games. The first one they lead off with is Super Diabetic Mario Bros.

I find this HIGHLY offensive. To make fun of ANY type of diabetic is NOT okay.

Diabetes is a disease. NO ONE asked to get diabetes. Just like no one asks to get Cancer or Autism or MS or ANY disease!!

I've decided NOT to share the link with you for the video. I don't want to advertise it because then it will create publicity and that's what it was intended to do. The writers knew what they were doing. They knew it would spark controversy. And I'm NOT going to help promote their stupid agenda. But feel free to look it up if you need to. I'll wait...

Offended?

Okay, so whether you checked it out or not, there is always an option to send a little rant on their fb page. I went to the page and looked at what others were posting. Some showed pics of their diabetic kids. Some just posted their disappointment in the shows lack of taste. I was scrolling down and liking all the diabetic support posts and pics. I was getting ready to send my little rant to their page.

But I stopped.

Again, that's what the writers want us to do. Instead I posted something similar to this blog on my fb status and I'm pissed off, so I immediately signed on to blogger to blog my rant!! So I'm thinking what better way to get back at them (short of purchasing a diabetic vodoo doll akin to Conan O'Brien...ooh...not nice Jen...sorry, getting fired up) breathe...okay. So our best defense is to put on our BLUE SHOES and go do some DIABETES educating!! Won't you join me? Let's educate the masses!! The ignorant Conan O'Brien's of the world!!

Let's get back to posting our pics of us in our Blue Shoes or blue diabetes ware. What better day to kick this off again than on BLUE FRIDAY!!  Diabetes is EVERYDAY...not just one day in November!! We deal with it everyday but do we talk about it? Do we use an opportunity to educate about it or just let it pass? Show us your pics! Start talking about diabetes! 

Oh, Mr. O'Brien you just opened up a big ole can of Blue Shoe whoop ass!! 

You don't mess with the DOC!!

Oh...and your on TBS...who watches that channel anyway?!?