Mar 12, 2012

Blue Heel Fashion Corner

Good Morning all our Bluetiful Fans!! Welcome to the Blue Heel Fashion Corner! A new segment that will pop  up periodically to showcase Blue Shoes and Blue Fashion...to help you along in your quest for raising Diabetes Awareness.


So, lately, I've been asked, "Where can I buy some blue shoes?" I've had the best luck at DSW and Payless (of all places!) but the other day, my friend messaged me on Facebook and said she had found some blue shoes at Target and instantly thought of me!! Well, I decided to do some "field research" aka...shopping!! (as if I need an excuse!) So I ran over to my local Target and hit the Blue Shoe Motherload!! I'm not talking one pair...I'm talking THREE different pairs of blue shoes!!

The Heel

The Wedge

The FLAT!!
I'm sure the lady shopping the next aisle over thought I was insane as I squealed in delight! But who wouldn't?! Especially when having OPTIONS!! So I went right to work to find my size...but guess what!! They were already picked over!! It was like members of the BHS in Cincinnati had flocked to Target and bought the store out!! Now, I still have quite a few locations to go to in order to find my size but STILL!! How Cool! Now, I've been noticing that many of you can't wear heels. So I'm keeping a watchful eye out for flats. And let's face it...there are days were my 5 inch BCBG's just won't cut it for carpool or for running after my 4 year old...so I too want flats.

What now, that you've bought these awesome, colorful, BRIGHT blue shoes? What to wear?? Well, Target has that covered too! They have TONS of blue pants, shirts, dresses, sweaters and skirts available. (Be on the look out for my fashion show). I find, personally, that to really showcase your shoes...so they get the MOST attention...I wear black bottoms and then a blue top. I want the focus on my shoes because that is when you'll get asked about them and then you can launch into your diabetes education! After all, that's why we are all here!

We here at BHS would love to see how you are wearing your blue!! Blue is the color of the Spring season and let me tell you, it is EVERYWHERE!! Please share YOUR findings with us when your out and about. We could all use a helpful tip on where to find the newest selection of blue shoes. We are all Bluetifully united and what a sight it would be to see an army of BLUE HEEL SOCIETY members strutin' their stuff in their blue shoes!! So get shopping and send us your pics!!