Mar 8, 2012

Blue Heel Society Top Fan of the Week


Thanks to the generosity of the Developers of our BHS Fan Marquee Facebook Application, we have a full working version of their Top Fan Application that allows us to showcase our Bluetiful peeps, based on multiple interaction factors on our Facebook Page.

This weeks Top Fan is Sheri Lemay, and we asked Ms. Lemay to answer a few questions as to learn a little more about her.

BHS: Please tell us your connection with diabetes?

SL
: My 16 year old son was diagnosed 9 years ago On February 25, 2003

BHS
: What general geographic location do you reside?

SL
: Winnipeg , Manitoba, Canada

BHS
: What blue shoe (Heel, sneaker, riding shoe, etc.) suits you &  Why?

SL
: Normally I always wore heels of any kind. Preferably blue or black because they spoke to me in some way and gave me a sense of confidence. They just seemed to be me but now it's slippers or cross trainers due to a ruined tendon in my foot.

BHS
: What does advocacy mean to you?

SL
: Advocacy is educating and helping people who don't live with Diabetes day in and day out to understand what it is that we do on a daily basis and what anyone like my son has to deal with. It's also making sure that my son has the best of care possible and is not discriminated against in anyway. I want people to 'get it' to the best of their ability to understand. I don't expect people to be perfect but I expect them to try.

BHS
: Please share with us your Blog/Website/Twitter/Organization:

SL: My blog (http://sherissoupersuppers.blogspot.com/
) is just recipes, but I am thinking about starting another one.

My website is
http://www.zakkstrakks.50webs.com/

My twitter name is @MomofaT1dkid

BHS: Words of wisdom/encouraging statement/general statement about diabetes

SL
: I have always lived by the following, no matter what it is that I am facing whether it is day to day, psychological, Cancer or Diabetes:  

* God never gives anything that we can't handle
* What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

* Just live your life day to day. The small issues have a way of working themselves out and the bigger issues may be with us a little longer and need some help, but they too shall pass.

Congrats again to Ms. Lemay, and the BHS Team thanks each & every one of YOU for being a part of our Family.