Mar 25, 2012

'Behind the Blue Scenes' Week ending 03/25/2012



Welcome to this week's edition of 'Behind the Blue Scenes', where we share with all of you, some of what goes on as The BHS grows.



This week’s 'Behind the Blue Scenes' we ask you to be on the lookout for more information about BHS custom made Shoe[s]. We are in the third phase of discussions with an Organization that makes very high quality (And VERY pretty) Shoes, and hope to offer more information in the coming weeks.


Kristen Elise honored the BHS by creating a JDRF Walk Team, and in her words “Yes my Walk team this year is Blue Heel Society...everyone please join in. I created this team to help promote this awesome advocacy group that some awesome chicks and dude founded. Locals please join this team and walk with me....I dont want to be walking alone, diabetes or not you can help...will be walking together in October in Blue shoes (heels will be awesome but optional--I totally understand if you cant do it because I cant either). Anyone can donate to the team. Lets raise awareness and spread the word of the Blue Heel Society. “ Please visit her Walk page here and show your support of Kristen (And the BHS!).

Please join us in wishing Dr. Dyer a.k.a. The EndoGoddess our very best for the  Kids App Entry in the Sanofi Diabetes Innovation Challenge! Our collective Fingers are crossed, and she will find out the Finalists March 30th.

This coming week look for some VERY special Guest post’s from some of our favorite Bloggers!  


Make sure and visit our CEO/Co-Founder Tony Cervati at Type1Rider as BIG things are taking place and NEW features being added that will continue to amaze you, as Tony proves daily that anyone can do the impossible no matter what obstacles we face.

We close this weeks editiion of 'Behind the Blue Scenes' with not just A song, but OUR Song, courtesy of Allen Talbott & his Band, entitled “Blue Shoe Blues”, and the lyrics he has crafted to date. Feel free to sing along & send us a video of your awesome talents at 187c@blueheelsociety.org


"Sometimes I'm high, Sometimes I'm low
I've been chasing these numbers, how long now I don't know
Every shot to my gut is life in my heart
Everyday I wake up to a brand new start
I put on my Blue Shoes and I can walk away from these blues

I'm a red-blooded man, my back is strong
I like to eat some greens, and I like to pick a few songs
I know life ain't black and white, we all live in shades of grey
But blue is my color, that's where I'm gonna stay
I put on my blue shoes and I can walk away from these blues

Life keeps on moving, mine is flowing through a needle
But you can keep your sympathies, Lord knows I don't need 'em
I need a cure, an answer, I need a reason
why so many are waiting, I'm begging and I'm pleading
Put on our blue shoes and we can walk away from these blues"