Aug 7, 2012

Enough is enough

You ever feel like you carry the weight of the world? OF COURSE YOU DO!! Your only human AND your a freaking full time pancreas to one if not more of your children!!

Well today I cracked!

It is hard to be a full time pancreas, care giver, disciplinarian,maid, grocery store diva, domestic goddess, damn CEO of a family when your kids need special medical attention. All three of them. You become their punching bag. The  Nagger...the one who won't shut up about diabetes. Oh, and cle an your room and put your clothes away and don't forget to check your blood sugar!! I know it seems as if I keep coming at them to do all these things that normal kids have to do...like chores and then you throw D on top of it all and I become the "Evil" one.

I have pretty thick skin. I can take a lot and let it just roll right off me. Especially because I have freakishly nice behaved kids. So when they do snap at me, it's rare and kinda catches me off guard. Things had been escalating since Thursday evening and I just had had enough!!

Here's my deal. The kids can sit here and whine, complain and get mad about D and I'm fine with that. Heck, I'll join in with them! I don't blame them. I want them to be able to express how they feel about diabetes. We don't sugar coat it...they know they face life and death daily. But the minute you disrespect me...I'm done! So my poor hubby got the proverbial "kick the dog" from yours truly. I'm not happy about it. But I basically told him I was done with being crapped on by the kids.

I just need to have someone jerk a knot in the hormonal teens tail when needed, an ear to listen to, someone to commiserate with, HELP with the 3am checks so I could sleep! I have taken on the role of artificial pancreas x2 but a stand in "today's full time pancreas will be played by xxx", even every once in a while, would be nice and without me asking. Don't get me wrong...my hubby is GREAT!! Love him to pieces and maybe I should have spoken up earlier instead of snapping. It was all in the delivery and for that I'm sorry JoJo!

However, I won't feel bad about letting it out. I have been beat up and grated on and had to let it out!! I guess next time I'll go use our real punching bag!!