Oct 22, 2012

A guest post from my daughter, Nora...

So apparently, I've passed on the blogging bug to my girls. I LOVE it!! Sometimes it's so much easier to write down how you feel and I respect that. We are all so busy living and putting on a brave face that sometimes we just need to get it out. And that's what my baby did...


Dear Diabetes,

It's me,Nora. Why do you have to make my life so miserable? Why can't I just be like most of the other 12 year olds in the world? You surely get in the way of a LOT but, it doesn't stop me though. I just walk right past you. I really hate you but...one thing I do like about you, is that you ONLY make me strong. So I guess no thank you but thank you? Goodness...you are complicated. Whenever I'm playing a sport you just HAVE to mess with me. I mean like excuse me but, when I play sports it's MY free time, not yours. I am not being selfish. If anyone is being selfish...it's you. You just take my life away and not in a good way. This past summer you just had to get into my sister. Is this a joke to you? It's not a joke to anyone else. Well...I'm not waisting anymore time on you right now.
Not Yours Truly,
Nora

p.s. to anyone else that is suffering with T1D ��STAY STRONG��