Oct 31, 2012

Happy National Diabetes MONTH!!


Today is the kick start to National Diabetes Month!! I love it!! (okay, not really. BUT if we are going to have to deal with diabetes why not have an ENTIRE month dedicated to it and have some fun with it, right?!?!)

Here at Blue Heel Society we have lots of fun things planned all month long. One of them includes another Blog Month from WEGO health. So EVERYDAY in November we will be blogging our little Blue heels off! (Note to self: gonna need a pedicure after all this!!) Be sure to check back to see what we are blogging about daily AND all the fun events we have planned!

Now...to the post...

Today's challenge is:

"My favorite thing about social media/internet/online health communities". 

Easy! 

It's all of YOU!!

I've talked about the DOC (diabetes online community) before...I couldn't do it without YOU and I know you feel the same way. 

We are FAMILY!! 

We get IT! 

I can't even call my daughters' Endo office (and I LOVE them) and get a question answered as fast as if I post it to Facebook or one of the many online diabetes groups. And I love that! I want answers NOW not in an hour or whenever they get back to me. If I'm up at 3am and need an opinion or to whine, GUARANTEED, another D parent is up too! 

So, I will thank you, again, DOC, for your unwavering friendship and loyalty. 

Thank you for getting me and "IT"!