Oct 1, 2012

A Non D Day Post!

photo copied from Ninjabetic. check them out  here.

The title says it all...yep, No D Day. So...I'll share a story with you instead...that is appropriate for the Halloween season...

As I mentioned last week in a blog post, we live in a home that's 130 years old. And with that, weird things have been known to happen. We've heard some normal noises...ya know, unexplained men's footsteps walking in the upstairs bedroom. Lights have turned on that were left off. Just normal things...right?!?! Well, it's been kinda quite here. Although, with our crazy life and all the noise around here with two dogs and three kids I wouldn't necessarily hear anything or notice anything unless it was blatant.

And this time it was.

Nora only has about 4 more baby teeth that have to come out. She has been directed by her dentist to wiggle and move those suckers or they will be pulled. The other night she eats a Sugar Daddy. And with that gooey caramel out comes her tooth!! Yay!! She's excited! Not so much for the money...it's just one less she has to worry about getting pulled. She decides that she needs to pretty her lost tooth up...(I have no idea why! Insert eye roll here and a "you better hurry up and get it done because it is time for bed"!) And she decides it needs to be brushed. I gave her a warning that she may drop it down the sink but to no avail. She was set on doing it and she did withOUT losing her tooth! But then she has to go one step further. She needs to pick all the dried blood out of it. (Eww....shaking my head!!) She goes into the kitchen to get a toothpick. We have about a 1/2 inch gap between our counter and the stove. And yes, you know where I'm headed with this, right?!

It falls in the crack.

Well now we can't find a flashlight to save our lives as my son, Jackson, likes to hide them and leave the light on so not only do our batteries die the actual light bulb dies too. I told Nora that now it's lost as I am not fishing under the stove to find her tooth or any other hairy, creepy, yucky stuff that I am positive is under my stove. She goes on to bed.

Let me just state, for the record, that the ONLY people who knew of this tooth dropping were Nora, myself and Evy. Jackson and Joe had already gone to bed. Knowing this makes the next part of the story that much weirder!

The next day after everyone had left for school or work I cleaned up the kitchen. Putting the dried dishes away in the cabinets, etc. I had a paper towel on top of the counter, from the night before, but what was placed ever so nicely on that paper towel but Nora's tooth!! How in the world did it make it on top of the opposing counter???

Not sure.

Girls come home from school and I ask them about the tooth. They are freaking out. I'm dumbfounded. Can't explain it at all! Evy was thinking that this tooth must be pretty special if it was lost and then found. So she wrote the powers that be a little note.



Thank goodness the note was never answered! That would've been too crazy!

Fast forward to a few days after the initial incident and Nora finds a flashlight. She can't believe that was her tooth on the counter and wants to just make sure her tooth under the oven is really gone. But...it's NOT!! It's still under the oven!! So, who the He#@'s tooth is on my counter?!?!

It's a mystery that will probably never be solved.

And as a side note...this No D Day is really not a challenge for me as my family has enough weirdness to blog about as much as I blog about D!! That is really either very exciting or very sad!! No "normalcy" here!! Hope you enjoyed!! :)