Oct 29, 2012

Click your heels together three times...

Ahh wouldn't that just rock? Something so simple to manage diabetes?

 It is no secret that I am a fan of reality television...and all things related to E! TV...throw eggs...I love it! TONS of celebs these days are wearing blue heels!! Do we take credit for that? Did the DOC posting photos of all of us fab warriors wearing our best Blue Shoes have THAT kind of influence??

 I say yes....yes we do.

Would it matter if a celebrity fashionista had a diabetes platform to spread the good word?? Ummm...duh, yeah. But once I started noticing those shoes, I couldn't help but think, HEY?? Do they have a diabetes connection?? I literally let myself believe that yes, society having lunch on television was saying HEY...WE LOVE YOU DOC!!

Matters not. What happened was I realized that I no longer looked at Kim Kardashian as a train wreck....with great eyelashes. I started looking at her, and the lovelies on the red carpets as catalysts. What if your *platform*...heels and otherwise, isn't just diabetes??

Can you host a Pet adoption/spay neuter clinic as a Blue Heel Society advocate? You bet.

Can you host a monthly book club or dinner club wearing Blue shoes? Bingo!

Hanging out in the car show parking lot with your 1958 Porsche Speedster...wearing those blue babies.....Yes and Yes.

Because YOU aren't doing advocacy a disservice.....YOU are touching the lives of a people who like you love animals, or kids, or politics or *fill in your favorite past time* and CHANGING the way people look at diabetes. YOU are doing your passion and repping the DOC big time. 

While we don't raise money for any charity...we support you and if you want to use Blue Heel Society as your platform to raise awareness for your causes....we say try us on for size!!



Click here to join Blue Heel Society as we click our collective heels up and go change the way people see diabetes. One step at a time....

See you at the mall!