May 28, 2013

MySentry...MyReview

My dear, dear friend, Sandi, is a fellow D Momma and her daughter decided to go back to injections for a while. She has the Medtronic pump, CGM and MySentry. For those of you who don't know what the MySentry is...well, it's heaven in a box. Ok...maybe not heaven in a box but it's at least piece of mind in a box. It is a monitor screen that is plugged in to a room (my bedroom) and it is the exact screen that is on my daughters pump. I can tell if she is low, high, in range. How much battery life she has left. How much insulin is in her pump. How many hours until her next blood sugar check and how many days she has left on her CGM sensor. Like I said....heaven! And Sandi is letting us try it out!! I cannot even express my gratitude to her in allowing us to do this.

MySentry---and yep! She is high :( 


The day I brought it home Nora was so excited. She knew this meant the baby monitor was moving on out of her room...she said she felt free! It has to be so liberating for her. I plugged that sucker in and I stalked her CGM. I stalk it all day long (if she's home). I'm even known to say, "hey Nora! Guess what? Your blood sugar is xxx". Yea, I know...total dweeb BUT it's soooo cool!! I can sleep better knowing that I won't sleep through the alarms. I sleep better knowing what her blood sugar is and how she is trending. I love the fact I don't have to nag her about what her blood sugar is, when has she taken it and if she was in range during school. I love that she can be in her room with her friends and I don't have to worry about what her BG is or remember to turn the monitor back up after they fall asleep during their sleep over. It's just freakin' awesome!

I stalk her CGM so much I want to take it a step further. I want it on my iPhone. I want to see what she is every minute of every day. It would be awesome to text her and say "hey, your 215...you should double check and correct if needed". I could look at trends as they are happening not when I download the data. I know the technology is there and they are working on being iPhone compatible. I am not known for my patience but that's what I'm going to have to be...