May 6, 2013

Normal is Just a Setting on the Dryer




Last night I tuned into a webinar entitled: Normal is Just a Setting on a Dryer hosted by Barb Wagstaff of Diabetesadvocacy.com. It was a good webinar in that it really made me think...what is normal? I had a friend back in high school who would always say, "Why be lamron?" And it just kinda fit me...I didn't want to be normal.

However, this webinar was more specifically about normal and how it relates to diabetes. Which is a whole different story. Barb showed images of a site rotation map, pump tubing, glucose tabs, school books, CGM's and other acronyms and glucose meters.

Yes, this is our normal times two!

Who would've thought I'd be speaking a different language with my girls that my poor hubby can't even pick up on. Counting numbers, using ratios and factoring stress/activity levels. Getting little sleep because you are fighting a low or doing pump site changes in the middle of the night. Scheduling meetings with school, doctors, diabetes chapters and Congressmen to talk about diabetes.

Yet, THIS is what is normal in the Loving household.

Each of us has a different normal...and that's okay.