May 14, 2013

We the Undersigned and I'm NOT your honey!



So what's up with all these petitions going around the Internet? 

That's my challenge today...write my own. Who would it be to or about and why.

Today I'm writing my petition to the Food Industry. 

Calorie King is great. Restaurant websites are okay. But for D-sake...if you make it, cook it, plate it, serve it...give us a carb count. I don't ask for much. I just ask for ALL menu items to be listed. And nice waitress at Max & Erma's who runs to get the manager when I asked about how many carbs are in their warm, delicious cookies and then come back with a "we can't find the nutritional info and don't worry about it honey...you'll just have to walk it off"... um...I'm NOT your honey and yes I will worry about it...I NEED to give my daughter insulin so that she can eat those cookies because she is a T1D. Look, I can SWAG with the best of 'em. Sometimes I do pretty well others well...not so well. I know that even with the exact carb count stuff happens blood sugars rise and/or fall. But I really would like to know...at least have a fighting chance for good blood sugars. 

So that's my blog challenge petition. What would yours be?