Apr 22, 2014

Day 22 of the WEGO Health #HAWMC - "Hobbies"




Today we are prompted to "Tell us, what are YOUR hobbies? Are you a rock collector? Scrapbooking? Photographer? Dancer? Share your talents. (Pictures encouraged)".

Wikipedia  defines a hobby as "A hobby is a regular activity done for pleasure - typically during leisure - e.g., collecting themed items and objects, engaging in creative and artistic pursuits, playing sports. Continual participation in a hobby can provide substantial skill and knowledge about it. Anyone who does an activity solely for fun is called an 'amateur', from French for "lover of", or 'hobbyist'; whereas anyone who does an activity for a reward is a 'professional'." Seems as if I qualify for both those definitions, so call me a "Proamateur".

Although not done often enough, my hobby is always full of pleasure during leisure, and is actually done all the time in my life. Everytime I do my hobby, it brings profound fun as the definition of an 'amateur' states. Although it is not solely done for fun, it still fit's the definition of a 'hobbyist". 

However, since I also do it for a reward...many actually, I also fit the definition above as a 'professional'. My hobby brings many rewards even when not actually being done.

Sometimes I practice my hobby all by myself, it is with even greater pleasure when I take into account the current 10 1/2 reasons to do so.

Can you guess what my hobby is?

Yes, my hobby is loving my Family, unconditionally. And the 1/2 is for our next Grandhild on the way in November...