Apr 24, 2014

Day 24 of the WEGO Health #HAWMC - "Writers Choice"





Today we are asked to do a 'Writers Choice".
I could not think of a better avenue to pick from, than the latest contribution on the OmniPod Blog "Suite D": 
Enjoy this in the Part 1 of the series "Starting a Diabetes Advocacy" :Part 1:First Steps
Tony Cervati, founder of Type1Rider and co-founder of The Blue Heel Society, shares his experiences and advice for getting involved in diabetes advocacy groups, whether as a founder or as a member of a pre-existing organization. Check back later this week for part two. If you’d like to comment or share your story with Suite D, please e-mail suited@insulet.com.  

“Action conquers fear.” – Peter Nivio Zarlenga, author
That Peter Zarlenga quote is one of my all-time favorites and was first taught to me over 25 years ago by a high school English teacher. It is three simple words that I find myself repeating when I am facing an “unfamiliar” situation. In that regard, they were the last words that I said before beginning my 2012 Tour Divide attempt and it’s a theme that I have tried to teach my children.
Sometimes in life an event occurs that alters the current path, summons the soul to action or leaves a quest for elusive answers. The ability to move, act in a positive matter or do something, anything, when facing these things, is the best mechanism for facing fears, getting help and eliminating doubts about it. If a suitable avenue is not readily available for you through these actions, an obvious choice is to create one.