Apr 27, 2014

Day 27 #HAWMC: Book Report



Today is a hard one...I've been putting it off...just like a kid in school waits till the last minute to read and write the dreaded Book Report! I love reading. I have let myself slide though. I try and read at night but my eyelids just get too heavy and then I end up re-reading the same page or two each night since I end up falling asleep. Today the post is to share my favorite book and how it can tie into my health/life. I have several favorite books, especially from the high school years. Black Boy by Richard Wright, the Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne and Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand to name a few. However, I don't remember much about these stories other than I liked them. I can't write any parallels to these stories and my life.

Maybe that's just it...

Maybe I'm too busy living life. As much as I love reading, and if I find that spare moment, I feel guilty reading because there are surely a thousand other things I should be doing. It makes me a little sad, really. It is something I love to do and yet it gets buried under the other things I need to do. When my eldest was in high school and was reading the classics I read with her. It helped her to be able to talk the book over with someone and it was a bonus for me to re-read these wonderful books! I need to start doing this with my 7th grader. I need to do a lot of things...

like go read a book!