Apr 12, 2015

Day 12 #HAWMC: Day of Rest

Day of rest...seriously?! It doesn't happen often in my house. Between the kids sports schedule, work, my volunteer duties and the home I don't have much down time. When I do...I like to run, read a book, watch TV, or work crossword puzzles. These are a mindless things...meaning I don't have to be thinking of anything. I can just let go and veg out; even if it's only for a few minutes. Another of my favorite things to do (and my hubby's too) is to take a ride in our 1979 CJ7 Jeep; aka the Black Pearl. I don't care if it's going around the block just the act of hearing it fire up and feeling the wind in my hair is enough of a soul cleanse that it puts a smile on our faces each and every time we take it out. Unfortunately it's out of commission for the moment. The brakes went out last fall. We found this out the hard way. After bleeding the line and that not working my hubby has some trouble shooting to do. It's not our daily driver as it has some quirks to it but it's all part of the journey. We may end up stranded (it dies), out of gas (the gas gauge doesn't work) or trying to rush home before night fall (we have no running brake lights) but it's still a blast! We have more fun stories about the Black Pearl and it's adventures that we will remember for a life time...just ask my friend, Kristen, about the time the Black Pearl rolled away from the gas pump with no one in it (just another quirk as it has no emergency brake). Just writing about the Black Pearl gives me a sense of peace...now to figure out what's wrong with those brakes....

the Black Pearl