Apr 11, 2015

WEGO blog challenge Day 11 - 'Pet Pal' #HAWMC


WEGO blog challenge Day 9 -  'Pet Pal'


Today we are asked to write a thank you letter to your furry, feathery, or fishy friend for always being there for you. How have they helped you cope with your health condition?

Our pet's name is Lilly Mae, named by my Grand Daughter 
Abigail. She is a Chihuahua Beagle mix and has the ears to show her Beagle side, and the attitude of a Chihuahua...nasty at times but very loving in the end.


We originally got Lilly Mae for my Father in law and she was a trooper all the way up until he passed away. Then she became VERY territorial towards my favorite Diabetic (my Wife). Now she is ours...disclaimer and all. One needs her permission to approach my Wife and it is buyer beware if you don't. She may let you near or give you a little love bite. Just enough to make it a game of sorts.


We take her on our morning walks and she is a riot. She is afraid of cats, birds, cars and strangers. She is NOT like any other dog I have ever had. She will jump at the chance to go bye bye bye in the car, but is terrified the first minute or two. She has her own window to look out during the day and will not let anyone near HER window.

Sometimes I think she will sense a high Blood Glucose level and sits right there next to her after smelling my Wife's breathe. She will not move until my Wife test's her blood sugar. VERY smart like that and we know dog's are very trainable to sense a high and a low like that.


All in all, she is a perfect companion to us and will always be there with a kiss when she senses any grief. She is always happy when we wake up in the morning and return from any car trip.



So a big thank you to Lilly Mae for always being there for us all the time...