May 1, 2012

30 posts in 30 days...


Whew!! It's been quite a month posting daily for the WEGO Health Activist Month Writer's Challenge!! But I didn't do it all by myself...I had some help from our wonderful Chief Communication Officer, Thomas Moore!! We did some tag team blogging this month for sure! We hope you enjoyed reading our posts everyday. I have to say I'm a little sad it's over. It was sometimes a pain...many nights I stayed up waaayyy too late writing a blog (my mornings are just crazy)!! But it was nice to have a topic to write about each day.

Some things I've learned about myself are:

1. I can write a blog in about 5 minutes if needed. I don't like to write that fast but time was of the essence and it was write it or pass. The competitive side of me just couldn't take a pass!

2. For the "Invite 5 Dinner Guests" blog...I had nothing. I mean nada, zilch, zero...NOTHING. I think I stared at a blank screen for hours the night before. I had picked two guests but didn't have a clue who the other 3 would be. I gave up, went to bed and hoped to dream of my other 3 guests. Well, D Momma's don't fall asleep long enough to dream so I woke up no better than when I went to bed. I took one look at my paper with two names on it the next 3 people popped up! Thank goodness...I was truly sweating that post!

3. My favorite post...hmm. I liked them all! Some were thought provoking while others were just fun. Dear 16 year old Me had me crying as I was writing it (which is HUGE as I'm not typically a crier!!). The Dream Day was good too. I LOVED the Word Cloud!! I'm trying to think of more things to do on Word Cloud! I want to Word Cloud everything! The Madlib post was too puzzling/time consuming so we did take a pass on that one...but that's the ONLY one!!

4. Save, save, save!! Even if you think you've saved your post...save it again!! (then refer to #1)!!


The one thing I wish I had time for was to read all the other blogger's posts. I did try to catch the Top 3 at 3 (this highlighted the top blog posts for the day). Of which, Thomas and myself were both featured for different posts on different days!! That was too cool!! Thank you to all of you that read our blog posts! Without you we are nothing! And Thank You WEGO Health for taking the time to come up with the prompts and read ALL the posts (no easy task I'm sure!). You kept us motivated and inspired!

So April comes to an end BUT we here at Blue Heel Society have some wonderful NEW and EXCITING things coming your way for May!! So be sure to stay posted as we keep posting away!!