May 16, 2012

One Thing to Improve...day 3


Only one? Are you serious? Uh, I could improve EVERYTHING but then that would negate my post yesterday!! So, I'll say (and I'm sure that my daughter would agree)

my NAGGING!!

And technically I don't consider it nagging because I truly care about her and what her blood sugar is. I mean, it is her LIFE we are talking about here. But I get a lot of "MOM-UH!!" (insert pre-teen attitude here). Here lately I can't tell if it's the hormones or the blood sugar. I have to take a breath and ask her, "Nora, what is your blood sugar?" (insert hyper-psycho mom voice here) and her reply, "It doesn't always have to be about DIABETES!!!" As she stomps out of the room!!

No, it doesn't...

                  but it usually is...

                                            unfortunately.

So I try to be as upbeat as possible and kinda throw in a "hey, can you take your blood sugar for me" before she gets too much attitude and I'm considered nagging!! For the record...if she would listen to me the first time I ask her to take her blood sugar and she told me; I wouldn't have to ask again!! But, try telling that to her!!

I'm still nagging!!