May 14, 2012

Six Months...a birthday and a countdown!


Today is a BIG day!! We, as in BHS, turn 6 Months old!! It has been wonderful sharing with you, all things diabetes, these past few months. We've grown so much so quickly and it's all because of YOU!! Spreading the Blue Heel love in your community and throughout the DOC! We are blessed to have you all!!


AND...it's the countdown to World Diabetes Day 2012!! I encourage you to start thinking of events to have,  to turn all things blue in your community 11/14/12!! So, in honor of WDD we would like you to continue the sentence...
"Dear Diabetes,"

I will be sharing my "Dear Diabetes" letter this week with you. If you feel compelled to share please send us an EMAIL or PM on our Facebook page and we can feature your letter in our blog posts (anonymously too if you wish). We realize these will be very personal but thought it would be good therapy to just lay it all out and tell Diabetes just how you feel WITHOUT judgment!

 And who gets it more than the DOC??

I know, speaking for myself, that even though I have a VERY supportive spouse and family that sometimes I can't say how I feel. I'm too busy functioning.


When's the next pump site change, next calibration, how many carbs are in that...etc.

I just want to say it (or scream, cry or rejoice...yes, rejoice) and I don't want a pat on the back or an "oh, I'm sorry it'll get better". I just want to vent and move on...

NO RESPONSE...

just say what I need to say and get it off my chest! Just writing it out, even on paper, and then crunching it into a ball and setting it on fire is freeing enough!! BUT...if you want to share please feel free to do so. 


One, you might feel better and two, you might just make an impact on someone out there that needs to know they aren't alone!

"Free your mind...and the rest will follow...
(yep. En Vogue...sorry, it was in my head for some reason!!)