May 17, 2012

Fantasy Diabetes Device...Day 4

This is a tough one. What about a clone of me so that when I'm tired Clone-Jen could just take over...especially for the over night insulin alarms!!

okay...so, MY clone would be so  much cuter than Zombie mom!!


She could also do the grocery shopping, lunch packing, carb counting and the laundry but I guess that's not gonna happen. We've got a better chance of finding a cure than me having Clone-Jen!! (which is a good thing!)

So, I guess I'll go with a more accurate CGM with a less invasive needle. It would be so wonderful to fully rely on the CGM so that we could use to administer or treat blood sugars. Don't get me wrong. I totally LOVE the CGM. I don't feel comfortable without her wearing it, nor does she. I just wish it was spot on. The less invasive needle is out there. Europe has it...so I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for like 2 or 3 years now!! Every so often my daughter will ask, "Mom, is it out yet?" Nope...not yet! 

Thing is technology is awesome!! We are just so used to pointing and clicking or for that matter just touching a screen and getting info in .005 seconds and it seems like our diabetes stuff is just slightly lacking. I know it will get there. In just the past almost 7 years we've been dealing with D the improvements have come along! 

Wait...a thought just came to me...I'd love a little tracking device on her so that I know where she's at and what her blood sugar is without even being with her!! GENIUS!! Now just talking her into it could be an issue...mild sedative, pop it in under her skin and tracking device is on ...oops!! Think I just said that out loud!! No bother!! 

So I'll stop my rambling and go with a CGM integrated tracking device as my Fantasy Diabetes Device!