May 24, 2012

Blue Heel Society "Fan Of The Week' is Sherrie Grant


Thanks to the generosity of the Developers of our BHS Fan Of The Week (FOTW) Application, we have a full working version of their Top Fan Application that allows us to showcase our Bluetiful peeps, based on computer magic (Randomness) & multiple interaction factors on our Facebook Page.


This weeks Fan of the Week (FOTW) is Sherrie Grant, and we asked Ms. Grant to answer a few questions as to learn a little more about her.


BHS: Connection w/ diabetes

SG: In a way diabetes has always been in my family, on my Fathers side, and I have always had to watch and make sure I was tested for it all my life.

Now I am married to Jen (BHS Chief Content Officer!) and Nora lovings cousin. I just met them last month but I am so inspired by them. My Husband and oldest daughter have a very rare disease called LEOPARD SYNDROME, and have had a lot of trouble trying to find others with it (only 200 people in the world have it) so talking with Jen has helped and now I have found others, and I am learning how to be more of an advocate for LEOPARD SYNDROME. Jen is my inspiration, and of course my Daughter is the biggest inspirtation in my life.

BHS: General geographic location
SG:  I live in Louisville, Kentucky.

BHS:  What blue shoe (Heel, sneaker, riding shoe, etc.) suits you &  Why?
SG: If I had to pick a blue shoe that best suits me, it would be a Blue wedge heeled espadrille.

BHS: What does advocacy mean to you?
SG: I am really just learning how to be a advocate, so that question is still evolving. Maybe one day I will be able to expound on this answer better.

BHS: Blog/site/twitter/organization
SG:  I visit the Magic Foundation website http://www.magicfoundation.org/www, and on facebook we have the LEOPARD SYNDROME page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leopard-Syndrome-Multiple-lentigines/131405323588045 . The reason for the Magic Foundation is due to the Leopard my daughter is on growth hormone due to short stature. Hope to have a larger Website for LS in the future.

BHS: Words of wisdom/encouraging statement/general statement about diabetes
SG: something my daughter Emma says all the time even when she has been in the hospital with having surgeries or her legs are so swollen she can’t even walk she says "This is the best day ever!" She says this every single day. That is why she inspires me and I have to be an advocate

Congrats again to Ms. Grant, and the BHS Team thanks each & every one of YOU for being a part of our Family.