May 13, 2012

Day 1 - Diabetes Blog Week



This week we are participating in Diabetes Blog Week!! Today's post is Find a Friend! I will be sharing my top must read blogs that you may or may not have heard of. I just know that when these blogs pop up in my email I stop what I'm doing and read them...I even save them and read them later in the day when I can soak it all in without children prancing about me! Also, we have a listing of featured blogs to the bottom right of your screen and even have some of these bloggers as featured guests right here on our Blue Heel Society blog page!

I need to give you some background first. Now, my daughter, Nora was dx'd in 2005, she was 4. We were instantly hooked up to a wonderful diabetes support group in our area that met once a month. So it wasn't until a few years ago via facebook that I learned about all the great diabetes blogs out there. The DOC is truly a great resource!! OH...and I'm just being honest here....I wish I had time to read all the diabetes blogs out there...I just don't. I'm a mom of three active kids spanning in ages 17, 11 and 4. Dealing with not only T1D but also a bleeding disorder that my son has. I'm lucky I get a moments peace to write like I do! I WILL be reading today's blog from other bloggers to see just whom I missing out on!! AND of course, if you have any faves you think I should be reading please share!!

Anyway, here are my top MUST reads, in no particular order...

Hallie Addington from http://www.theprincessandthepump.com/. (Just a side note, I've have the privilege of calling Ms. Hallie my friend; she happens to be a local fellow D Momma and I just love her truth and honesty!)

Meri Schuhmacher from http://www.ourdiabeticlife.com. (She is a Mom to 4 boys; 3 of which have T1D...that right there was enough to make me want to read!)

Lizmarie Collazo from http://theangrytype2diabetic.blogspot.com/. (Lizmarie is a wonderful person who has T2. Talk about misconceptions with diabetes...there are as many with T1 as T2 and through her I've learned so much!!)

Richard Vaughn  from http://almo0157.blogspot.com/. (He has lived with T1 for 64 years and he's got a medal to prove it!! He is a wealth of knowledge! He is also very passionate and helpful for other diabetics. He is just an awesome guy!)

There you have it! My Must Reads!! I hope you have a chance to check these out if you don't already!