Apr 16, 2012

Day 16 of the WEGO Challenge - Create a Pinboard

Day 16 of the WEGO HAWMC prompts us to "Create a pinterest board for your health focus. Pin 3 things. What did you pin? Share the images in a post and explain why you chose them." I chose to use my Pinterest Board for general Diabetes 'stuff'.



My first image surely fit's into the morning I am having already with some tidbits about coffee in an infographic. Of course, the benefits of coffee in a diabetic diet have not been clearly defined as of yet, coffee is at the top of the list of my favorite diabetics diet, right alongside chocolate. And woe to the person who messes with either of those!



The next image I chose is also something related to coffee infographic, and something I can't ever seem to do, and watch others with profound jealousy, as they do it so easily...Take a nap! We all know that sleep is of paramount importance to everyone with diabetes!






My third and final image for today is a snapshot of Sprinter Melanie Stephenson, a diabetic, scheduled to be an Olympic torchbearer in London 2012. As I sit at my desk working daily, it is this type of image that reminds me why we work so hard as advocates to help ensure people everywhere know that a person affected by diabetes can lead a 'regular' life as well.