Apr 15, 2012

Pure Poetry...Or Is It? Day 15: WEGO Writer's Challenge

Today's prompt is Writing Style.



I'm not sure what you would call my writing style. It's a fast paced, unfiltered, sleep deprived collection of words that are pure poetry! Ha! At least that's what I always tell my hubby. (I think I tell him that so that he is sure to read my blog posts..he's a little hesitant to read because he tells me I make him cry...must be my pure poetry!!) Words seem to flow, almost too fast, for my fingers to keep up.

So I edit and edit some more. 

I will say that most of my posts are planned a day or two before hand. Although, I find inspiration from things around me, on facebook, on-line or even driving in the car. There are times I'm composing my blog post in my head days before I know I'm going to write it. I write late at night because my 4 year old usually doesn't let me sit down too long, at least long enough to blog. So once the kids are tucked in bed I sit down in the corner of the couch with my laptop and blog away.

 I never post until the next morning because I am tired and really need that bolt of caffeine in the morning to re-read my post before I publish it because you never know what I'm trying to say at 1am!. As far as when I title my post; I usually title it prior to writing the whole blog but have been known to re-title if necessary. I try to fit the title with the most interesting and intriguing aspect of my post to draw our fans in to read it. I also try to write thought provoking posts. I can write fluff too but if I can get you to think, react or get up and make you do something just by what I wrote...then... that's pure poetry!