Apr 19, 2012

Day 19: Invite 5 dinner guests:

This is a hard one...I would invite Sir Fredrick G. Banting (the co-discoverer of insulin), Dr. Margaret Hamburg (the FDA Commish), Albert Einstein, Bill Gates and Oprah.








I would first than Sir Banting for discovering insulin, without insulin millions of people with diabetes would not be alive today. Thanks to insulin, my daughter has a normal life expectancy compared to the death sentence it used to be.

So after my tearful, heartfelt thank you I would introduce Sir Banting to Albert Einstein. Two genius could come up with better medical advancements or a cure, right? I think just to be in the same room as these two would be profound...that, and I probably wouldn't understand a word of what they were talking about...no matter...I don't need to understand, just need to get them together for the greater cause.

And then there is Dr. Margaret Hamburg, the FDA pain in the ass, oops...I mean Commish!  If she is in attendance at my dinner party then she can be part of the medical advancements/cure talk and let Sir Banting and Einstein know what steps they need to take to get their products passed through FDA approval so we aren't waiting FOREVER!!

Bill Gates could fund the entire program. I mean he gives millions of dollars away each year to good causes. I think funding a cure would be an excellent cause. Then there's Oprah. Oprah is such an influential person that if she talks about diabetes the world will know what kind of disease this is. She can help raise awareness. After all, she's closing up shop on her network...what else does she have to do besides help us and wear some Blue Heels!!?