Apr 26, 2012

Day 26: Create a Health Tagline



Here at Blue Heel Society our health tagline is :

"type 1 or 2, old or new, everyone can rock  a blue shoe."

It's true! We have a wonderful representation of all types of diabetes at Blue Heel Society. There are even people that wear blue shoes that aren't diabetic but care for/love a diabetic. We wear our blue shoes for whatever type we wish to spread awareness for. Because, let's face it...there are as many misconception about Type 1 as there are about Type 2 and all the other Types in between! So in wearing our blue shoes we are able to educate the masses about the diabetes that affects us, personally. 

For me, 
I wear them for my Type 1 daughter

Many wonderful conversations have started all because of my blue shoes. I have met several people who have a Type 1 in their family. I have educated, more than one person, about Type 1 and how it affects my daughter and our family. It gets people thinking about diabetes. Then I know I've done my job in raising awareness!

So we invite you to join our Blue Heel Society to raise awareness for diabetes! There are plenty of blue heels, flats, flip flops and sneakers to put your feet in and spread the Blue Heel love!! Women, Men, Kids...Type 1 or 2, Old or new, Everyone Can Rock a Blue Shoe!!