Apr 22, 2012

Day 22 of the WEGO HAWMC - Reminders







Today's WEGO Prompt asks "make your own version of a short memo reminder. Where would you post it?"


There are a couple things that I need reminding of on a daily basis, not that I actually forget, but worthy of a reminder just the same. The first thing on my list would be to remind myself that there is a fine line I walk being an advocate for those affected by diabetes, and at the same time ensuring I do not become an overpowering monster member of the 'D Police', when it comes to my role as a Caregiver to my favorite diabetic, my Wife.


Another item on my reminder list would be the fact that although I see many Study/Research items that seem to get us that much closer to a cure, that until that day actually is here, diabetes can kill. That being said, I need reminders to keep my chin up...keep the faith, and still carry on with as normal a life as we make it. 


Keeping those things in mind, the final reminder I would make is to ALWAYS look at the glass as half full. I am fortunate that my Family & Friends support me in my advocacy, and I work with an exceptional group of the most dedicated  people I have ever had the honor of knowing. I am fortunate too that barring those hiccups we all face managing diabetes, for the most part we have control moreso than letting diabetes control us.


Finally, where would I put these reminders? On my computer screen of course!