Apr 8, 2012

Day 8 of the WEGO HAWMC - Best conversation I had this week



Tres Hombres

The very best conversation I had this week I cannot [yet] share, but it is potentially a turning point that will define the future for sure.

Multiple personalities I am not, however, this past week I spent a lot of time speaking with Me, Myself & I (thus the Tres Hombres reference). Besides my normal daily tasks, I was under pressure from within to mow the lawn before Easter. I was able to put it off every day (Does I sound proud of his procrastination?) using Weather, old man pains, too much computer time needed...you name it & I used it! At long last, yesterday I declared it was time to crank up the mower and get it done. When the observation was made, and voiced from me that "you sure couldn't have put it off any longer!", in which I replied "I wanted to ensure the freshest of cuts for the Hunt on Easter."

You will notice that the one missing from  "Me, Myself & I" in the mini conversation above is "Myself". We will refer to "Myself" as "D". My very good friend "D" passed away five years ago today from kidney failure at the age of 48. He had been doing yard work, went to rest on the coach a bit, and never woke up. Easter took on a whole new meaning from that day forward, and it reminds "Myself" that we ALL need to take care of ourselves the very best we can to ensure we are as whole as can be, in both body & spirit, and love & live for others, but make sure "Myself" is taken care of first, so that you CAN be there for others.

So on this Easter Sunday where a new beginning is celebrated, start this day and every one to follow doing what YOU can do, for YOU.

Happy Easter...