Apr 14, 2013

Day 14 of #HAWMC: Spread The Love

The Blue Heel Society Team


Today we are asked to "Thank a few of your fellow Health Activists for what they have done"

Allow me to somehow relate the Christmas card to my post today, in a way other than just admitting I am lazy, nor do I do Photoshop! It is the only pic I know of that has the entire BHS Team in one place, thanks to the magic of our Chief Content Officer Jen Loving.

There are so many D superhero Activists to thank that I have been honored to meet and work along with over the past five years or so, and that would end up taking up more of your time than needed. Instead, I know of a small and select group of those superhero's that are all in the collage above. I am so humbled to call them my friend, and even better my Family.

Today, I would like to profoundly thank the BHS Team for all that they have done, much of it behind the scenes. More importantly I would like to take this opportunity to thank them much more, for what they have *NOT* done.

Despite the intense and demanding personal life they live, they do *NOT* back down or simply give up when it comes to a chance of advocating for another.

Despite being ill, having micro-emergencies during the day to deal with, they do *NOT* allow it to get in the way of helping a true stranger in any way possible.

Despite having many reasons in life to take the easy way out and simply say 'screw it', either personally or in advocacy, they do *NOT*.

Despite being a heard by many, millions if you look at our Facebook metrics, interviews, public speaking gigs, you name it...they are famous, they do *NOT* let it go to their head.

In closing, and something so very close to my heart, despite the many personal challenges I have had, despite having a plethora of their own challenges to deal with, despite having many opportunity's to just say "Tom, you kinda screwed up", they do *NOT*.

Instead, I am given the latitude and space needed to try, as we all do, to be the best warrior I can be, in everything the BHS Team needs. I don't have them constantly looking over my shoulder at what and how I work.

In closing, I am *NOT* thankful for them, I am Instead blessed, by knowing Diane, Jen and Tony, and knowing they have and always will be there for me no matter what...Tom