Apr 26, 2013

Day 26: Free Pain Pass #HAWMC

If you could use a pain free pass when would you...

There are a couple of times I would want a pain free pass for my girls and their diabetes care. 

1. The yearly blood draw. They HATE that and I hate it for them. My poor Nora will have tears streaming down her face during the Endo visit right up until they draw the blood. 

2. Ketones and High blood sugar. I don't know if this actually causes them pain...I know they feel like crap. It wears them out. And they can do nothing...well, they feel like doing nothing until blood sugars are in range. Even then they aren't themselves. I hate those days when diabetes "wins". My girls are so upbeat and active and those days, thankfully are few, are days that just suck. 

These are the days I wish for a pain free pass.