Apr 6, 2013

Day 6 #HAWMC...Letters

Dear (100 year old...I'm being optomistic!) Jen,

I'm not a big fan of looking into the future as I like to let things just play out but I'm curious to know if I will see a cure for diabetes in my life time. And if not...at least please tell me advancements have been made so that my girls will at least have lived with minimal complications...NO complications would be even better!

A decline in the number of diagnosis would be music to my ears...that diabetes hasn't touched my grandkid's or great grandkid's generation. That scientists were able to discover the trigger, be it environmental or whatever, and stop it in its tracks.

I hope that I remember how passionate I was about raising awareness, fighting diabetes and never giving up...even after all those sleepless nights of checking low/high blood sugars. I wonder...please tell me...I do catch up on my sleep, right?! I hope my kids know how much I love them and even though I may have been nagging and talking incessantly about diabetes that I did it for them. I did it for everyone. I did it for you. Maybe they turned my nagging into nagging of their own...advocating for rights, injustices, diabetes or their own kids.

I know that the love you have for your family only gets deeper with age. I'm sure there are still battles that have to be fought but you've got in you...you got this. Just be sure to strap on some kicking BLUE heels (a sensible height...you are 100 you know) and keep going!


All the best the future may hold.
Love,
Me