Apr 28, 2013

Day 28: #HAWMC: Must Follow!!

Today I'm going to share the top 5 MUST follow facebook pages, websites and/or blogs for diabetes.

1. Of course, ALL the major diabetes organizations. JDRF, ADA, DRI...these are the go to's for anyone newly diagnosed to the veteran diabetics who maybe need a little help somewhere. Great resources to get you connected locally to your chapter, find mentors, ask questions and hear about research.

2. Diabetic Barbie/Amy Ermel...I know I've sung her praises before but she's a great lady who lives in Canada and just wants to see her daughter's dream of making a Diabetic Barbie a reality. If you haven't liked her page yet you can find it here. I'm blessed to call her my friend.

3. The TheAngryType2Diabetic is a great resource for Type 2 diabetes. I love Lizmari and have learned so much from her. She is a great advocate for Type 2 and posts some great research and findings on her page and/or blog. She is my go-to person when ever I have questions about Type 2 or when someone contacts me with a new Type 2 diagnosis.

4. My friend, Meri Schuhmacher, who blogs over at Our Diabetic Life. She is a fellow D Mom who has 3 out of 4 kids with Type 1 Diabetes. After my second daughter was diagnosed I messaged Meri and just thanked her for being such an inspiration to me. It was because of Meri that I knew our family would be okay with our second diagnosis of T1D.

5. I have saved the best for last....my dear, dear friend and co-"worker", Thomas Moore. If you aren't friends with him, seriously, go do it NOW!! Thomas is one of the greatest researchers I know. My notifications ding several times throughout the day with his status updates or links he has shared. He puts in so much effort in his quest to educate about diabetes. I learn so much and I thank him for his tireless work!