Apr 7, 2013

Day 7 Ridiculous Cures #HAWMC

Today is Ridiculous Cures for diabetes. We've all heard them...

1. Cinnamon

2. Alkaline diet

3. Moss (but only the one growing in the southern hemisphere on the north side of some tree)

4. Sea Moss (apparently...moss must be good...may have to find some and blend in a smoothie!)

5. Raw Food

I know there are more but truthfully I'm getting pissed off researching this topic.

Never in the almost 8 years that we have been dealing with Type 1 diabetes have I ever been so desperate to search for cures on line. I'm more of a this is what we've been given, how we are to deal with it and how to keep my girls alive kind of person. If there was a cure at the time of either diagnosis the Endo would've said, "your daughter(s) have diabetes but I'll write a script for some xxx and it will make it go away".

Do I want a cure? YES. But not at my girls' expense of trying these crazy cures and possibly causing them harm. When the cure comes it won't come on some grocery store tabloid announcement. It won't be talked about casually like how to remove warts or get rid of acne. It will come...maybe quietly at first...and then it will be HUGE! Especially after clinical trials and FDA approval...these are two signs of major progress.

What I do have is...HOPE.


Hope that I am doing the best job as a stand in pancreas.

Hope that I can keep my girls diabetes "under control" enough to keep them healthy enough to receive a cure.

Hope that scientists/doctors and investors keep looking for the cure.

Hope that we find a cure.

As desperate as we all want a cure we must be patient. We must not try every crazy cure idea. The best cure will come...patience and hope my friends.