Apr 18, 2013

Day 18 of #HAWMC: “I take it back…"






Today we are asked to "write about a time that you lashed out at someone close to you because of frustration/fear/anger resulting from your health condition and you wish you could take it back. Forgive yourself and let it go."

This was going to be another opportunity to talk about medication errors and taking the wrong insulin at bedtime. Part of the root cause, in my opinion, was correcting any high BGL's with fast acting (insulin injection to treat any high BGL's) & bolusing (injecting insulin to cover a meal), and also drawing/injecting long acting insulin for bedtime, AFTER eating [dinner]...all at the same time.

Even when I just explained what I think the problem was/is, it sounds THAT much more problematic than I even think! Therein seems to be MY problem...

My problem, because as I am reminded by my favorite Diabetic, every time I try to preach what I think are proper methods to approach mealtime, I am reminded that "it is MY body, not yours".

My problem, because I am reminded that "my A1c has never been higher than 7.1%".

I instead choose to "whisper words of wisdom...Let It Be" and let it go...

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that we have this micro-battle EVERY single mealtime, and I lose every single time!