Apr 21, 2013


"The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all."-Mulan 

True or false? When do you bloom best?

Today, I'm asked the above question. As most of you know I blog for Blue Heel Society for diabetes and my personal blog for Captain Jackson's Hemophilia Adventure. I have been double blogging all month long for the WEGO challenge. Posting separately for both. However, I will be double posting. I hate to do it. It's not a cop out but really it applies to both blogs.

To answer the question; yes, I bloom best during times of difficulties. Maybe too well...that's why I've got two with Type 1 diabetes and one with Hemophilia. I see it almost like a challenge...like a "HEY you!! I'm gonna throw this curve ball at'cha and see what you do with it. Ready, set, GO!" It started in the hospital the day I delivered Jackson. My parents brought the girls to meet their new brother. It was there that the eldest needed her newly placed braces cranked for expansion, the middle one needed an insulin pump site change AND Jackson needed a diaper change. Seemingly all at the same time. It was then the forces were set in motion and I said, "BRING IT!" I must have said it too loud...someone was listening.

My brain is hard wired for stress and difficulties. It's like putting together a new puzzle with no picture. My brain starts assessing the situation or the challenges that are laid in front of me. I organize a plan and execute. It's taken care of within minutes...at least the plan is. I think I drive my hubby crazy as I start barking orders to extinguish the difficulty flame and it's put out before he has time to process there was even a fire. It isn't a dog on him...it's just how I function. I accept the challenge(s) and then make it wish it never messed with me.