Nov 16, 2012

Day 16: Inspiring a D Mom..


Woo hoo!! We are half way through the month of November and NHBPM!! We hope you have enjoyed reading our blog so far.

Today's post is to use a picture or video to inspire a post.

                                          Here is mine:



In actuality it should also include my son Jackson. But do you know how hard it is to get all three of my kids in one picture?? Let me tell you...it's near impossible! I'm still trying to get a picture of the girls showing their pumps off, now that Evy is pumping. Maybe I should bribe them...I don't ask for much! What's one photo?!?! Anyway...

These girls are my inspiration EVERYDAY.

Why I write this blog for Blue Heel Society.

Why I own so MANY pairs of Blue Shoes!!

Why I wake up in the middle of the night...EVERY night.

Why I have become an advocate for diabetes. 

Why I will NEVER stop until a cure is found.

Why. I. Breathe and Live. 

These girls go through so much. Although they are at different stages of diabetes. Nora, I consider, the Pro, as she has been fighting D since 2005. Evy, I consider, the newbie, as she is only 5 1/2 months in. Each has their benefits and drawbacks. As a caregiver, I am a Pro. Been dealing with this since Nora was diagnosis. I have to remind myself to be caring, patient and listen. I have to allow her to feel her feelings without me chiming in something equivalent to "get over it!" 

They inspire me daily, sometimes hourly, with their resiliency, bravery and positive attitudes. I am humbled to be in their presence as I am just their mom...they are the true heroes, my inspiration.

Who is your inspiration?