Nov 12, 2012

I'm calling BS on ...



This is a fun challenge...call BS on something. What's something that is just ridiculous?

Well, if you know me, I'm all about calling BS on things that just sound crazy. I'm not afraid to speak out and challenge it. I may not always be right but I take it as a lesson learned or an opportunity to educate.

However,

I'm calling BS on the myth, yes, myth that diabetes can be cured.

There is no cure found in any amount of cinnamon.

Or moss that grows on the backside of a tree in Brazil.

Or any, ANY, pyramid schemed, "I've cured T1D in my family and I'll tell you how...all you need to do is send me $xxx and I'll tell you my secret". Really, you've cured T1D and you want to charge me to cure my kids?? Selfish. That and the fact that your a business person and NOT a scientist? hmmm...yep, NOT!

Oh, and god love you Hallie Berry, you are a fine actress but you did NOT cure your diabetes. In fact, you + diabetes = I don't wanna hear it. You may have opened the eyes of many to look for the signs of diabetes in themselves and/or their loved ones and that's great and admirable. But please, stop there.


Or any diet (Paleo, alkaline, Atkins, etc).


Now, don't get me wrong. Some of these lower carb diets may help maintain your blood sugars and decrease your amount of insulin needed but if you are insulin dependent then you NEED insulin. Even if you don't eat carbs.

So, I'm calling BS...

NON of these things cure diabetes.

For me, I'm letting the Scientists do their thing and find a cure.

As far as all of the above...well....

Here is a video that Joanne, at death of a pancreas, made about a year ago and I just love it! You can check her blog out here.