Nov 17, 2012

Day 17 of the WEGO National Health Blog Post Month (#NHBPM)


                                





For today’s challenge we are prompted to Nominate someone for a Health Activist Award & write a  post about why you nominated them! I chose to nominate someone for the Unsung Hero Award, a member of our community who may not know how amazing and valuable they are.

Now there are MANY different categories in the WEGO Health Awards, and it was almost impossible for me to go through the list and pick just one, but something WAS the same for every category in my eyes, especially for todays NHBPM task. That something became very apparent when I came accross the Unsung Hero Award, and then the [blue] light went on in my mind and it became VERY clear who should win this Award.

But first, before I reveal who I picked, let me point out that I could nominate so many Organizations (including BHS), many individual Health Advocates, Bloggers, Authors, Athletes...the list goes on. Then it really dawned on me HOW I could try and ensure the Unsung Hero Award nominee could best represent the absolute STAUNCH & FIERCE people inherent in a community such as ours, that deserve WAY more recognition than they presently get.

So without further delay, my nomination for the Unsung Hero Award, that element within our community most certainly worthy of winning is...[drum roll]...EVERY SINGLE ONE of YOU, the nearly ONE MILLION of our Friends, Fans, Followers in the more than TWENTY Countries...all of YOU!!!

In retrospect, I now see how easy my choice was, because truly & humbly, we wouldn't be here along with you as we WIN the war towards the CURE, if it wasn't because of YOU...