Nov 4, 2012

Warning: Full Disclosure!


Day 4 of the WEGO National Health Blog Post Month Challenge asks: 

"How do you decide what to share? Why do/don't you share?"

I'm pretty much a no holds back, talk about everything type of gal. What would you learn if I kept how I felt about diabetes to myself? Why would I bother writing? How could I help even just one of you if I filtered myself? I like to think of myself as a realist. The glass isn't half empty or full...it's got water in it...what difference does it make? And that's how I approach most things in life. My kids have chronic illnesses. I deal with the here and now. I feel it's so much easier to deal with life that way. Don't get me wrong, I prepare for the future but I don't dream too long about what a cure looks like. I mean...I'll listen to the research. I'll see where it's going and what's on the horizon. But I don't have that dream of being pushed ever so gently on a tree swing, by my husband, in a frilly dress with lush green grass, blue skies, perfect weather and have PERFECT children running barefoot without a care in the world as sweet happy music plays in the background. In my world...the record needle scratches to a halt (oh dear gawd...some of you may not even know what a record is!!) Dogs bark, kids running around yelling, homework getting done, dinner on the stove, emails to send/reply, blood sugars to check, site changes to be done, insulin supplies to reorder, meetings to make, blogs to write and advocacy to be done. I deal with NOW. I hope that my full disclosure helps some one. Even if it's just knowing that there are other families dealing with craziness. 

That is why I disclose everything. Well...

ALMOST everything. 

I won't disclose my financials. Just know we are not independently wealthy nor are we destitute. We struggle, I'm sure, like most of you who take care of chronically ill children. 

When you read a blog post from me...it's really Me. 

The good, the bad, and the ugly...